Sonny Bill Williams says safety is always in the back of his mind, as he prepares for his charity boxing bout with Stu 'the Bachelor' Laundy on Saturday in Sydney.
The event will be raising funds for The Exodus Foundation, The Bill Crews Charitable Trust and the Auckland City Mission.
At a press conference in Sydney this afternoon, Williams was asked by 1 NEWS' Australian correspondent Kimberlee Downs whether safety weighed heavy on his mind, following the death of New Zealander Kain Parsons, who died earlier this month in Christchurch after being knocked out in a charity event.
"Of course, but you walk across the street and you could get hit by a bus," said Williams.
"I think like we said before that the underlying cause outweighs that, we've got a gentlemen's agreement.
"We're going to go in there, it is going to be a night of entertainment, so like I said earlier God willing we will make a lot of money for this great cause we are trying to do it for."
Williams' opponent was a contestant on the third season of Australia's 'The Bachelorette' and enters the event, named the Banger in the Hanger, with no boxing background.
The 33-year-old Williams is undefeated in seven fights with three knockouts on his pro boxing resume. However he hasn't fought since 2015.