Charlotte & Maddie - Macadamia Crusted Snapper
with Crab & Coconut Stuffing and Seasonal Vebetables
4 pounds red snapper fillets
1/3 cup onion, finely diced
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 pound back fin crab meat
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sweet & sour sauce
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup melted butter
Salt & pepper
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
2 cups panko crumbs
1 bunch basil
2 cups jasmine rice
1 ½ cups water
10g kaffir lime
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1. To make the stuffing for the fish, start by sautéing the onion in a large pan over a medium heat, with the butter until golden.
2. Remove from heat and mix in the crab meat, bread crumbs, parsley, heavy cream and lemon thyme.
3. Meanwhile melt butter and white wine together in a small pot. Set aside.
4. Lightly season the snapper. Stuff the fish with the filling and skewer edges securely.
5. Place fish in a greased baking pan. Pour wine-butter mixture over fish. Bake uncovered in a 200* oven for 10 minutes or until the flesh is opaque.
6. To make the crust, place the nuts, panko and basil in a food processor and blitz to combine. Spread on a plate.
7. To make the Sriracha Mayo, whisk mayonnaise, fish sauce and sriracha in a bowl until combined. Season well and use to spread an even layer on each snapper fillet, followed by the nut crust.
8. To cook the fish, heat a skillet over a medium heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add the fish, crust side down and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown. Turn the fish and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
9. To cook the rice, start by rinsing the rice under cold water. Drain and place in a pot with water, coconut milk, and salt.
10. Place the pot over high heat and bring the to the boil. Stir and reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Continue cooking for 15 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let stand 10 minutes, covered. Fluff with fork and serve.