Jaryd & Ben - Chocolate Brownie
with Homemade Coconut Ice Cream and Tempered Chocolate
2 cups sugar
2 cups cocoa
1 tbs baking powder
2 cups flour
1 tso cornflour
500g dark chocolate
250g macadamia nuts
1/4 cup icing sugar
250ml coconut milk
3tsp vanilla extract
1. Pour coconut milk into a blender. Add vanilla and sugar.
2. Blend until smooth and thick. Place in ice cream maker.
3. Once churned, place in the freezer to set.
4. Place dates into a bowl. Add baking soda and boiling water and stir.
5. Add diced butter and stir until melted. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
6. Mash with a fork. Stir in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
7. Mix in sugar, add cocoa, flour and baking powder. Stir.
8. Mix in chocolate chunks.
9. Place in baking tray and cook for 45-50 minutes.