Olga and Valeria - White Russian
Prep time: 1 hours (+4 hours freezing)
Cook time: 45 mins
150g white chocolate, chopped
80ml (1/3 cup) thickened cream
50ml coffee-flavoured liqueur
Vodka Coffee Jelly
55g (¼ cup) caster sugar
80ml (1/3 cup) vodka
40ml coffee-flavoured liqueur
100g roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
300g caster sugar
20ml coffee-flavoured liqueur
30g caster sugar
3 x 2g leaves gold-strength gelatine, soaked in cold water
200ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
2 egg whites
100g caster sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
50g plain flour, sifted
50g butter, melted
To make ganache, place chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream in a saucepan until hot, then pour over chocolate. Stir until smooth, then whisk in liqueur. Divide among 6 serving glasses and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
2. To make jelly, place sugar, milk and 3 tsp water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Squeeze excess water out of gelatine and stir into milk mixture until combined. Whisk in vodka and liqueur. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Pour over ganache in serving glasses. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
3. To make praline, line an oven tray with baking paper. Spread nuts on prepared tray in a single layer. Place sugar and 80ml (1/3 cup) water in a medium heavy-based saucepan and stir, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Use a wet pastry brush to brush down any stray sugar crystals on side of pan. Bring mixture to the boil. Boil, without stirring, until golden brown. Add butter and liqueur and stir until combined. Carefully pour caramel over nuts on prepared tray. Cool for 30 minutes or until set. Break into pieces then coarsely chop. Divide among glasses over jelly.
4. To make cream, place sugar and 2 tsp water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer until a syrup forms. Remove from heat and stir in vodka. Squeeze excess water out of gelatine and stir into vodka mixture until smooth and dissolved. Transfer to a bowl and fold in a quarter of the whipped cream. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Divide among glasses over praline. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
5. To make tuiles, preheat oven to 180C and line an oven tray with baking paper. Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually whisk in sugar and salt until dissolved. Whisk in vanilla bean paste. Stir in flour. Stir in butter. Spread mixture onto prepared tray in a thin layer. Bake for 5 minutes or until crisp and pale golden brown. Set aside to cool, then break into shards.
6. Place shards on top of desserts to serve.