Josh and Nic - Tiramisu
Prep time: 35 mins (+4 hours chilling
Cook time: 0 mins
3 eggs, separated
50g caster sugar
250g mascarpone, stirred until smooth
150ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
250ml (1 cup) espresso coffee
70ml coffee-flavoured liqueur
18 savoiardi biscuits
Grated chocolate and cocoa powder, to dust
1. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
2. Place egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk attachment fitted. Beat until thick and creamy. Add mascarpone. Beat gently until just combined. Fold in cream. Fold in egg whites.
3. Combine coffee and liqueur in a shallow bowl.
4. Dip 9 biscuits into coffee mixture and arrange over base of 6 serving glasses, cutting to fit (1.5 biscuits for each glass). Top each with half of the mascarpone cream. Repeat layering once more, finishing with a layer of mascarpone cream.
5. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to set.
6. Decorate with grated chocolate and dust with sifted cocoa powder to serve.