Josh and Nic - Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 30 mins
12 large zucchini flowers, stamens removed
Vegetable oil, for deep frying
Finely grated parmesan and chopped parsley, to garnish
1 tsp powdered yeast
180ml warm water
75g plain flour
120g fresh ricotta
60g mortadella, cut into 5mm cubes
2 anchovies, finely chopped
½-1 tsp chilli flakes
¼ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
1. To make batter, stir yeast and water in a large bowl to combine. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy. Stir in flour. Set aside for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
2. To make filling, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season.
3. Spoon or pipe filling into zucchini flowers and gently twist petals to enclose.
4. Dip zucchini flowers in batter and allow excess to drip off.
5. Deep fry until golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Season with salt.
6. Serve stuffed zucchini flowers garnished with parmesan and parsley.
Don't overfill the zucchini flowers, or they might burst during deep frying.