Dan and Gemma - Sticky Sesame Chicken Wings
Prep time: 10 mins (+30 mins marinating)
Cook time: 35 mins
1kg chicken wings
Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
3 green spring onions, sliced, plus 1 extra sliced, to garnish
4 garlic cloves, finely grated
4cm-piece ginger, finely grated
½ long red chilli, sliced, plus ½ extra sliced, to garnish
1 tb brown sugar
60ml (¼ cup) soy sauce
2 tbs Chinese cooking wine
1. To make marinade, place onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and sugar in a food processor and process until a paste forms. Add soy sauce and cooking wine. Process to combine.
2. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add chicken and massage to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight to marinate.
3. Preheat oven to 200C.
4. Drain chicken, reserving marinade and placing in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5. Place chicken on a lightly oiled oven tray and roast for 30-35 minutes or until crisp and golden.
6. Divide chicken among serving plates and garnish with extra onion and chilli. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and serve with remaining marinade to the side.