Matt and Aly - Seared Tuna
with Zucchini Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
2 zucchinis, spiralised or cut into julienne
35g (¼ cup) white sesame seeds
35g (¼ cup) black sesame seeds
600g piece tuna, cut into 3cm-thick fingers
3 tsp sesame oil
1 tbs vegetable oil
Toasted pine nuts and mint leaves, to garnish
Pea and Herb Dressing
¼ cup mint leaves
1/3 cup coriander leaves
1 lemon, juiced
60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
½ tsp chilli flakes
1. To make dressing, cook peas in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Transfer to a blender with remaining ingredients and blend until a smooth purée forms.
2. Place zucchini in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
3. Combine sesame seeds on a plate. Season. Roll and press each piece of tuna in seed mixture to coat all over.
4. Heat oils in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add tuna and cook for 1 minute on each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Slice.
5. Divide salad among serving bowls and top with tuna. Sprinkle over pine nuts and mint leaves to serve.