Davide and Marco - Seared Beef
with Beer & Vegetable Stew and Salsa Verde
Prep time: 30 mins (+30 mins marinating)
Cook time: 40 mins
800g topside rump
60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
2 tbs chopped rosemary
Beer & Vegetable Stew
1 tbs olive oil
1 onion, chopped coarsely
4 rashers streaky bacon, coarsely chopped
500g carrots, coarsely chopped
500g potatoes, coarsely chopped
2 zucchinis, coarsely chopped
1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
1 bunch basil, leaves picked
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbs baby capers
4 anchovies, chopped
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 lemon, zested, juiced
200ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Rub beef all over with oil and rosemary. Season well and set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Meanwhile, to make stew, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bacon, carrot and potato and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in remaining ingredients. Season well. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Meanwhile, to make salsa verde, place all ingredients, except oil, in a food processor and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add oil until combined. Season.
4. Preheat a barbecue hotplate over medium-high heat. Add beef to hotplate and cook, turning occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until browned and caramelised and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a warm plate, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes to rest. Thickly slice.
5. Divide stew among serving bowls and place on serving plates. Add beef and salsa verde to each plate to serve.