Roula and Rachael - Salmon and Asparagus
with Mustard & Dill Sauce
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:40 mins
12 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil, plus extra, to brush
1kg baby potatoes, quartered
1 tbs finely chopped rosemary
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
4 x 200g salmon fillets, skin on
Mustard & Dill Sauce
200ml sour cream
2 tbs finely chopped dill
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbs olive oil
1. To make sauce, place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 200C.
3. Place tomatoes on an oven tray and drizzle with half the oil. Season.
4. Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 35 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to an oven tray, drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle over rosemary. Season. Roast, tossing and adding tomatoes halfway, for 40 minutes or until crisp and golden.
5. Add asparagus to a large saucepan of boiling salted water and cook until tender. Drain. Add butter and lemon zest and toss to coat. Season.
6. Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat. Brush salmon all over with oil and season. Add to pan, skin-side down, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp and golden. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
7. Divide salmon, potatoes, asparagus and tomatoes among serving plates. Pour over sauce to serve.