Stella and Jazzey - Raspberry Donuts
with Dark Chocolate and Hazelnuts
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Vegetable oil, for deep frying
Melted chocolate, to drizzle
Toasted hazelnuts, to decorate
Fresh raspberries, to serve
125g punnet raspberries
1 tbs caster sugar
250ml thickened cream, whipped to firm peaks
50g caster sugar
50g freeze-dried raspberries
250g sour cream
75g caster sugar
300g self-raising flour
1. To make raspberry cream, stir raspberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, using a spoon to break down berries and dissolve sugar. Pass through a fine sieve. Refrigerate until cold. Fold into cream.
2. To make raspberry sugar, process ingredients to form coarse crumbs. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
3. To make donuts, whisk sour cream, sugar and egg together. Stir in flour to form a soft dough.
4. Deep fry tablespoons of dough in small batches, until golden, crisp and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Roll in raspberry sugar.
5. Drizzle donuts with chocolate. Decorate with nuts. Serve with raspberry cream and fresh raspberries.