Matt and Aly - Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
300ml thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Extra maple syrup, to drizzle
Chopped toasted macadamias, to decorate
12 cored rings fresh pineapple
125ml maple syrup
185g self-raising four
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease six holes of a muffin pan. Line bases with baking paper.
3. Place a round of pineapple in base of each pan hole (trim if necessary). Drizzle with maple syrup.
4. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Fold in flour and milk in two batches.
5. Divide batter among pan holes on top of pineapple.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested. Stand 10 minutes then remove from pan. Transfer to a wire rack, pineapple-side up, to cool slightly.
7. Beat cream and vanilla paste with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
8. Serve cakes with cream. Drizzle with extra maple syrup and decorate with nuts.