Alex and Emily - Lobster Tail
with Tarragon & Vermouth Butter
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1 bunch asparagus
½ lemon, zested, juiced
1 tbs olive oil
2 lobster tails
Micro herbs, to garnish
½ shallot, finely chopped
2 tsp champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs finely chopped tarragon
Tarragon & Vermouth Butter
100g butter, melted
2 tbs finely chopped tarragon
1 eschalot, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
60ml (¼ cup) dry white vermouth
1½ tbs lemon juice
3 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp honey
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1. To make tarragon sauce, process all ingredients in a food processor for 2 minutes or until a smooth sauce forms.
2. Cook asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 1 minute or until just tender but still crisp. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain. Toss with lemon zest and juice and oil. Season.
3. Cook lobster tails in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until shells turn orange. Remove and transfer to an ice bath.
4. Once cooled, cut lobsters in half lengthways and loosen flesh from shells.
5. To make butter, whisk all ingredients together in a bowl to combine.
6. Generously baste lobster flesh all over with butter mixture, then place flesh back in shells.
7. Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Add lobsters, flesh-side down, and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly charred. Turn and cook, constantly basting with butter, for a further 1 minute or until just cooked through.
8. Divide lobsters and asparagus among serving plates and serve with sauce to the side.