Henry and Anna - Lemon Tart
with Blueberry Compote
Prep time: 30 mins (+2½ hours chilling and freezing)
Cook time: 45 mins
Icing sugar, to serve
200g (11/3 cup) plain flour, plus extra, to dust
80g (½ cup) icing sugar mixture
¼ tsp salt
125g cold butter, diced
2 egg yolks
250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
3 egg yolks
110g (½ cup) caster sugar
2 lemons, juiced
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
2 tbs caster sugar
½ lemon, zested, juiced
1. To make pastry, sift combined flour, sugar and salt into a food processor. Add butter and pulse until crumbs form. With the motor running, add egg yolks and process to combine. Add 1 tbs iced water and pulse until just combined.
2. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Shape into a disc. Enclose in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180C. Bring pastry to room temperature, then roll out on a lightly floured work surface until about 3mm thick. Use pastry to line the base and side of a 22cm round deep fluted tart tin with removable base. Prick base, then freeze for 10 minutes.
4. Cover pastry with baking paper and fill with dried beans or rice. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove beans and paper and bake for a further 10 minutes or until base is dry.
5. Reduce oven to 140C.
6. To make filling, place all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth and combined. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into tart shell. Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is just set. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
7. To make blueberry compote, place blueberries, sugar and lemon zest in a saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate until cold.
8. Slice tart and place on serving plates. Spoon compote to the side and dust with icing sugar to serve.