Stella and Jazzey - Honey Mousse
with Port Jelly
Prep time: 45 mins (+cooling and setting)
Cook time: 30 mins
4 tbs chopped walnuts, toasted
4 egg yolks
100g golden caster sugar
2 tbs honey
2 ½ leaves gelatin, softened in cold water
250ml thickened cream, whipped to stiff peaks
100g caster sugar
2 leaves gelatine, softened in cold water
1. To make mousse, heat milk in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, without boiling, until hot.
2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until combined. Gradually whisk hot milk into yolk mixture.
3. Return mixture to same pan. Using a wooden spoon, stir over medium-low heat, for about 5 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in honey and gelatine.
4. Pass through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Cover top with cling film and refrigerate until cold. Fold in cream in two batches. Divide among six serving glasses. Refrigerate.
5. To make port jelly, stir port and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in gelatine until dissolved. Cool slightly. Pour over mousse in glasses. Refrigerate until set.
6. Serve mousse and jelly topped with walnuts.
This dish would be delicious served with fresh orange segments or raspberries.