Alex and Emily - Herb Lamb
with Tarragon Potatoes and Greek Salad
Prep time: 30 mins (+30 mins marinating)
Cook time: 30 mins
12 lamb cutlets
2 tbs olive oil
800g potatoes, chopped
½ bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
½ bunch mint, leaves picked
4 garlic cloves
80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
50g Greek feta, crumbled
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried Greek oregano
1½ tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
4 baby cucumbers, sliced
16 cherry tomatoes, halved
16 pitted Kalamata olives
1 shallot, finely chopped
1½ tbs finely chopped tarragon leaves
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ lemon, juiced
1. To make marinade, process all ingredients until smooth. Season. Transfer to a large bowl and add lamb. Massage marinade into meat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight to marinate.
2. Meanwhile, to make marinated feta, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with pepper.
3. Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Drain and allow steam to evaporate. Place in a large bowl and add oil. Toss to coat.
4. Preheat a barbecue hotplate or frying pan over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook, turning, until crisp and golden.
5. Increase heat to high. Add lamb and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
6. To make salad, whisk oil, vinegar and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season. Add cucumber, tomato, olives and feta mixture and toss to combine.
7. To make tarragon dressing, process eschalot and tarragon in a food processor until finely chopped. Add oil and process to combine. Add mustard and lemon juice. Process to combine. Season. Place in a bowl with potatoes and toss to coat.
8. Divide lamb and potatoes among serving plates and serve with Greek salad to the side.