Josh and Nic - Whipped Gorgonzola and Caramelised Peach Bruschetta
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
1 tbs brown sugar
2 firm ripe peaches, cut into 8 wedges
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
8 slices prosciutto
1 baguette, thinly sliced on the diagonal, toasted
80ml (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
2 tbs brown sugar
1. To make glaze, place vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
2. Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Sprinkle sugar all over peaches and add to pan. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until tender and lightly caramelised.
3. Preheat oven to 200C. Place prosciutto on an oven tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp and lightly charred.
4. Pulse mascarpone and gorgonzola in a small blender until just combined.
5. Spread baguette slices with gorgonzola mixture and top with prosciutto and peaches. Drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.