Stella and Jazzey - Furikake Lamb Rack
with Carrot & Ginger Purée and Miso Butter
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
2 x 4-point lamb racks, at room temperature
200g green beans, trimmed
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp olive oil
Carrot and Ginger Purée
800g carrots, peeled, chopped
2 tbs olive oil
125ml chicken stock
25g butter, diced
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
3 sheets nori, chopped
2 tbs sesame seeds
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onito flakes
1½ tbs white miso
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. To make purée, place carrots in a roasting dish. Add oil, season and toss to coat.
3. Roast for about 40 minutes or until very soft. Place in a processor (or use a stick blender) and process until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Season well. Process to combine. Pass through a sieve if you like a super smooth purée.
4. To make furikake, process all ingredients to form coarse crumbs.
5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Cook lamb, fat side down, until fat is golden, crisp and fully rendered. Continue to cook lamb, turning, until browned all over. Transfer to an oven tray and rub furikake mix all over lamb.
6. Roast for about a further 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a warm plate and rest, lightly covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
7. Place beans in a roasting dish. Drizzle with oils. Season. Roast for about X minutes or until just tender.
8. To make miso butter, place ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until melted, smooth and combined.
9. Serve lamb, purée and green beans with miso butter.