Josh and Nic - Fish Finger Sliders
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
4 burger buns, halved
4 lettuce leaves
1 tomato, sliced
2 egg yolks
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
250ml light olive oil
4 cornichons, finely diced
2 tbs finely chopped dill
30g plain flour
½ tsp sweet paprika
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups panko crumbs
2 tbs finely grated parmesan
1 tbs finely chopped flat leaf parsley
6x 100g skinless snapper fillets
Olive oil spray
1 firm ripe avocado, cut into 2cm dice
1 firm ripe mango, cut into 2cm dice
1 /2 cup coarsely chopped mint
1 tbs lime juice
1. To make tartare sauce, process egg yolks, juice and mustard until smooth. With motor operating, drizzle in oil until thick and smooth. Stir in cornichons and dill. Season. Refrigerate.
2. Preheat oven to 200C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
3. To prepare fish, combine flour and paprika in a shallow bowl. Season well.
4. Place eggs in another shallow bowl. Combine panko crumbs, parmesan and parsley in another bowl.
5. Dust fish pieces in spiced flour, then dip in egg and then panko crumb mixture. Place on prepared tray and spray generously with oil.
6. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until fish is cooked through and crumb is crisp.
7. To make salsa, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Season.
8. Spread buns with tartare sauce. Layer with lettuce, tomato and crumbed fish. Serve with salsa.
Turn this into an adult dish by adding a pinch of chilli powder to the crumb mixture.
The salsa would be great served with grilled steak or chicken, or as an accompaniment to tacos.