Kim and Suong - Crepes
with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
Prep time: 30 mins (+resting)
Cook time: 45 mins
Edible flowers, to garnish
100g plain flour
500g fresh or frozen mixed berries
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
2 tbs caster sugar
1 stick cinnamon
300ml thickened cream
2 tsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
1. To make crepes, whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth and combined. Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
2. To make berry compote, stir all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until berries are softened. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. To make whipped cream, whisk all ingredients until soft peaks form.
4. To cook crepes, place a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat.
5. Add ¼ cup of batter and quickly swirl to cover base of pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden. Turn over and cook for a further 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Fold crepes into wedges. Serve with berry compote and whipped cream. Decorate with edible flowers.
Resting the batter before cooking allows the ingredients to combine properly, resulting in a more manageable batter.