Stella and Jazzey - Buttermilk Jelly
with Grilled Mango
Prep time: 20 mins (+setting time)
Cook time: 20 mins
2 mangoes, halved
4 passionfruit, pulp only
Toasted flaked coconut, to decorate
3 ½ gelatine leaves (titanium strength)
100g caster sugar
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
1. To make jellies, soak gelatine leaves in cold water to soften.
2. Stir buttermilk, sugar, vanilla bean and seeds and orange zest in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is hot. Squeeze excess water out of gelatine and add to buttermilk mixture. Stir until dissolved.
3. Strain mixture into four heatproof serving glasses or bowls. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight to set.
4. Heat a lightly oiled chargrill pan over medium heat. Cook mangoes, cut-side down, until lightly browned.
5. Spoon passionfruit over top of jellies and decorate with coconut. Serve with grilled mango halves.
If mangoes and passionfruit are not in season, try serving with berries or fresh pears.
For a citrus twist, trying layering the jelly with lemon or orange curd.