Dan and Gemma - Buffalo Chicken Wings
with Blue Cheese Sauce
Prep time: 15 minsCook time: 30 minsServes: 4
200g plain flour
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
1kg chicken wings
Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
Finely chopped parsley, to garnish
Celery stalks, to serve
Blue Cheese Sauce
300ml thickened cream
120g blue cheese, crumbled
60ml (¼ cup) Tabasco sauce
2 tbs lemon juice
125ml (½ cup) melted butter
1. To make blue cheese sauce, heat cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat until hot. Add cheese and whisk until smooth and combined.
2. To make chilli sauce, whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place.
3. Combine flour, pepper and salt in a bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Dust off excess flour.
4. Fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan one-third full with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat to 180C (or until a cube of bread turns golden in 10 seconds). Working in batches, gently drop chicken into the oil and fry, turning halfway, for 6-8 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Drizzle over chilli sauce.
5. Place chicken wings on a serving platter and sprinkle over parsley. Serve with blue cheese sauce and celery stalks to the side.