Dan and Gemma - BBQ Pork Ribs
Prep time: 20 mins (+4 hours marinading)
Cook time: 1 hour 45 mins
1.5kg pork ribs
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
125ml (½ cup) honey
125ml (½ cup) smokey barbecue sauce
60ml (¼ cup) chicken stock
2 tbs teriyaki sauce
1 long red chilli, finely chopped
1 lime, zested, juiced
1. To make spice rub, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add ribs and massage mixture into meat to coat all over. Place ribs in a roasting tray.
2. To make marinade, whisk all ingredients in a jug. Pour over ribs and massage into meat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
3. Preheat oven to 180C.
4. Drain ribs and place marinade in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
5. Place ribs in a roasting tray and roast, basting with marinade every 30 minutes, for 1 hour 45 minutes or until tender.
6. Serve ribs with remaining marinade to the side.