Stella and Jazzey - Baked Salmon
with Roasted Vegetables and Lemon Salsa
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
4 x 150g salmon fillets, skin on
½ small shallot, finely chopped
½ garlic clove, finely grated
1 tbs lemon juice
¼ tsp caster sugar
1 small lemon, quartered lengthways, thinly sliced
3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbs coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
16 cherry tomatoes (we used heirloom for colour)
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
2 tbs olive oil
16 black olives
1 tbs baby capers, drained
1. To make salsa, combine shallot, garlic, juice and sugar in a bowl. Season. Set aside for 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Refrigerate until required.
2. Preheat oven to 180C.
3. To roast vegetables, place tomatoes and asparagus in a roasting dish. Toss with oil and season. Roast for about 25 minutes or until tomatoes have split and slightly collapsed and asparagus is tender. Stir in olives and capers for last 5 minutes of cooking.
4. Heat a large lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Season salmon all over and place in pan, skin-side down. Cook, without moving, until skin is golden and crisp. Turn and cook for 1 minute.
5. Transfer to the oven and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until cooked as desired.
6. Serve salmon and roasted vegetables with lemon salsa.
Exact cooking time for salmon will depend on the size and thickness of your filets.
Prepare the salsa a few hours in advance, to allow the flavours to combine and mellow.