Stella and Jazzey - Baked Cheese Bruschetta
with Pear Chutney
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
4 slices rustic bread
Olive oil, for brushing
50g baby rocket leaves
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
2 pears, coarsely chopped
2 tsp honey
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 egg yolks
60g truffle pecorino, finely grated
60g gruyere, finely grated
250ml thickened cream
1. To make pear chutney, stir all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat until soft. Season.
2. Preheat oven to 150C. Place four ramekins in a deep oven tray.
3. To make baked cheese, combine eggs, yolks and cheeses in a bowl.
4. Heat cream and milk in a saucepan over low heat until hot. Gradually whisk in egg and cheese mixture until melted and combined.
5. Strain mixture into ramekins. Add enough hot water to come half way up side of ramekins.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove ramekins from water.
7. Toss rocket with oil and juice.
8. Heat a chargrill pan over medium heat. Brush bread with oil and cook until toasted and charred on each side.
9. Place bread on serving plates. Invert baked cheese onto bread and top with pear chutney. Garnish with dressed rocket.