Court and Duncan - Chocolate Pudding
with Hazelnut Shortbread and Chantilly Cream
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 4
Shaved chocolate and finely grated orange zest, to decorateHazelnut Shortbread
90g hazelnut meal
110g caster sugar
240g plain flour
rice flour (for dusting)
240g butterChocolate Pudding
200g 70% chocolate
2/3 tbs powdered agar agarChantilly Cream
1 cup cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 vanilla pod
- To make shortbread, using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar until combined but not creamed. Add combined dry ingredients. Mix on medium-low speed until fully incorporated.
- Turn dough out on a bench, shape into a disc, wrap in cling-film and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Roll dough out between two sheets of baking paper until about 3mm thick. Cut out 9cm rounds and place on prepared tray 4cm apart.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until firm. Using an 8cm presentation ring, cut out 8cm circles from each round.
- To make chocolate pudding, stir milk, cream and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and combined.
- Stir agar agar and water in a saucepan over low heat until combined. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Whisk agar agar mixture into chocolate mixture. Transfer to a jug and refrigerate until set.
- Place four 8cm round presentation rings on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Use a stick blender to re-liquify the pudding mixture, then quickly pour into the presentation rings. Refrigerate until set.
- To make Chantilly cream, whisk all ingredients until soft peaks form.
- Place puddings in presentation rings over biscuit rounds and remove rings. Top with Chantilly cream and decorate with shaved chocolate and orange zest.