Caitie and Demi - Soutzoukakia
with Potato Salad and Herbed Yoghurt
Prep time: 45 mins Cook time: 50 mins Serves: 4
Iceberg lettuce cups, to serveSoutzoukakia
300g beef mince
300g pork mince
80ml olive oil
1 cup finely chopped parsley
1 cup finely chopped mint
1 lemon, juiced
1 onion, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup crushed ice
1 large tomato, finely chopped
1 tbs sweet paprika
1 tbs dried oregano
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 slices bread soaked in milk to soften, excess moisture squeezed out
Salt and pepper, to seasonHerbed Yoghurt
250g Greek-style yoghurt
1 tbs finely chopped dill
1 tbs finely chopped mint
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbs lemon juicePotato Salad
1kg baby potatoes
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
4 corn cobs
1 bunch spring onion, finely chopped
- To make soutzoukakia, line an oven tray with baking paper. Using your hands, combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Season well.
- Shape mixture into golf-ball-sized rounds and place on prepared tray. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- To make herbed yoghurt, combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Season and refrigerate until required.
- To make potato salad, place potatoes in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and boil gently until tender. Drain. Cool completely. Cut in half and toss with 1 tbs of the oil.
- Cook potato pieces and corn on a hot barbecue grill plate until lightly charred all over and corn is tender. Season well.
- Trim corn kernels from cobs and place in a bowl with potato and onion. Add remaining oil and toss to combine.
- Preheat a barbecue hotplate. Add soutzoukakia to plate and cook, turning, for 10-15 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Place lettuce leaves on serving plates and fill with potato salad. Serve with soutzoukakia and herbed yoghurt.