Brett and Marie - Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
Prep time: 1 hour (+ 4 hours freezing) Cook time: 25 mins Serves: 12
Micro mint, to servePeanut Butter Ice Cream
300ml thickened cream
250g smooth or crunchy peanut butter
165g golden caster sugar
½ tsp saltRaspberry Jelly
8 titanium-strength gelatine leaves
600g frozen raspberries
125g caster sugarPeanut Butter Cookies
125g butter, softened
140g peanut butter
330g brown sugar
2 tbs golden syrup
375g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp saltChocolate Sauce
200g dark chocolate, chopped
300ml thickened cream
- To make ice-cream, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into an ice-cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. Once churned to a soft serve consistency, spoon in 2 x 6 (7cm in diameter) holes of a half-sphere silicone mould (1/3 cup capacity). Freeze for 4 hours or until very firm.
- Meanwhile, to make jelly, spray two 25cm x 38cm swiss roll pans with vegetable oil. Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 minutes to soften.
- Place raspberries, sugar and 375ml (1½ cups) water in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl. Stir in softened gelatine until dissolved.
- Divide mixture among prepared pans and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Invert jelly onto a clean work surface. Using a 10cm round cutter, cut out 12 rounds.
- To make cookies, preheat oven to 180C and line two oven trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in syrup and 2 tbs water. Stir in combined sifted flour, bicarb and salt.
- Roll 1½ tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on prepared trays 5cm apart. Gently flatten to a 6cm, 1cm-thick round.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are golden. While warm, gently flatten biscuits. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make chocolate sauce, place chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream in a saucepan until hot, then pour over chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Place a cookie in each serving bowl. Drizzle over chocolate and place a half sphere of ice-cream on top. Drape a round of jelly over ice-cream. Garnish with micro mint to serve.