Bek and Ash - Roasted Vegetable Tart
with Balsamic Glaze
Prep time: 50 mins Cook time: 45 mins Serves: 4
100g baby rocket
500ml balsamic vinegar
125g brown sugar
Short Crust Pastry
650g plain flour
350g cold butter, diced
3 egg yolks
500g pumpkin, cut into 1cm pieces
1 leek, thinly sliced
250g beetroot, washed and halved
1 zucchini, cut into 1cm pieces
1tbs olive oil
Cream Cheese Filling
125g cream cheese, at room temperature
60g sour cream
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbs oregano, finely chopped
- To make glaze, stir vinegar and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer until thickened and syrupy. Cool completely.
- To make pastry, process flour and butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg yolks. Process until mixture just comes together to form a ball. Shape into a disc and cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bring pastry to room temperature. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use to line four 10cm fluted tart tins with removable bases.
- Line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Return to oven for a further 10 minutes or until dry and crisp. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180C. To roast vegetables, place them in a baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Season. Roast for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- To make filling, using an electric mixer, whisk ingredients until smooth and creamy. 7.To assemble, spoon filling into tart. Top with roasted vegetables and rocket. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.