Amy and Tyson - Sesame Crusted Tuna
with Dragonfruit & Radish Salad
Prep timeL 25 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4
400g-piece tuna fillet
2 tbs white sesame seeds
2 tbs black sesame seeds
1 tbs olive oil
1 dragon fruit, peeled, cut into 1cm cubesPickled Radish
250ml white wine vinegar
75g caster sugar
1 tsp salt
4 radishes, cut into matchsticksSalad Dressing
4 tbs light soy sauce
4 tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tbs brown sugar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 small red chillies, finely chopped
1cm-piece ginger, finely gratedLime Aioli
2 egg yolks
1 tbs lime zest
2 tbs lime juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
250ml olive oilSalad
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
4 radishes, thinly sliced
1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- To make pickled radish, place all ingredients, except radish, in a medium saucepan with 250ml (1 cup) water over medium heat and stir for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add radish and set aside to cool completely.
- To make dressing, place all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat and stir for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Strain mixture.
- To make aioli, process egg yolks, lime zest and juice and mustard in a food processor until well combined. With the motor running, gradually add oil, drop by drop at first, then in a thin, steady stream until thick and emulsified. Season and refrigerate until needed.
- Season tuna all over, then roll in combined black and white sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add tuna and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Slice into four portions.
- To make salad, place all ingredients with pickled radish and dressing in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Divide salad among serving bowls and top with dragon fruit and tuna. Serve with aioli to the side.