Amy and Tyson - Pimms and Ginger Jelly
with Cucumber Sorbet and Pickled Cucumber
Prep time: 1 hour (+ churning) Cook time: 30 mins Serves: 4
12 small strawberries, quartered
12 fresh raspberries
2 oranges, segmented
1/2 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
Baby basil and mint leaves, to garnishCucumber Sorbet
600g caster sugar
100g liquid glucose
Juice of 1 lemon
6 cucumbers, juicedPimms Jelly
Thinly peeled zest and juice of 1 lemon
50g fresh ginger, peeled, grated
200ml Pimms liqueur
10 gelatine leavesPickled Cucumber
125ml white wine vinegar
3 tbs caster sugar
1 Lebanese cucumber
- To make sorbet, stir sugar, water and glucose in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in cucumber and lemon juice.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- To make jelly, stir water, sugar, zest and ginger in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside to cool and infuse. Stir in Pimms, gin and lemon juice.
- Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 minutes, to soften.
- Return 250ml of the Pimms mixture to saucepan and place over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat. Squeeze excess water out of gelatine leaves and stir into mixture. Add to remaining Pimms mixture.
- Strain into serving dishes. Refrigerate until set.
- To pickle cucumber, stir vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add cucumber and toss to combine. Transfer to a bowl to cool completely. Drain to serve.
- Serve jellies topped with sorbet, berries, orange segments, fresh and pickled cucumber. Decorate with basil and mint leaves.