Alyse and Matt - Pork San Choy Bau
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4
12 baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
Sliced green spring onions and coriander, to garnish
Hoisin sauce, to drizzle
3tsp palm sugar
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp dark soy sauce
2tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
45ml rice wine
1tbs peanut oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1cm piece fresh ginger, cut into julienne
300g pork mince
1 small onion. finely chopped
150g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
1 stick celery, thinly sliced
40g water chestnuts
50g bamboo shoots, cut into julienne
1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
2 small red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- To make sauce, stir all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove and set aside.
- To make filling, heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir fry garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add mince and stir fry for 3 minutes, breaking up any lumps. Add sauce and stir fry for 2 minutes to slighlty reduce.
- Increase heat and add onion, mushrooms, celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and chilies. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a sieve and return liquid to wok. Simmer until reduced and thickened. Return pork mixture to wok with sauce. Stir through beansprouts and coriander.
- Serve pork mixture in lettuce leaves garnished with coriander, green spring onions and hoisin.