Alyse and Matt - Beef Satay
with Pumpkin and Coconut Rice
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 40 mins Serves: 4
Coriander, crushed roasted peanuts and shredded kaffir lime leaves, to garnish
300g jasmine rice, well rinsed
375ml cold water
200ml coconut cream
2cm piece ginger, peeled, sliced
2tbs Thai red curry paste
400ml coconut cream
125ml chicken stock
2tbs fish sauce
1tbs kecap manis
6 kaffir lime leaves, spine removed, finely chopped
500g pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
500g eye fillet, thinly sliced
100g snow peas, sliced
- To prepare coconut rice, stir all ingredients in a saucepan to combine. Bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stand covered, for 10 minutes.
- To make beef satay, heat a wok over medium-low heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut cream, stock, fish sauce, kecap manis and kaffir lime leaves. Bring to a simmer. Add pumpkin. Simmer, covered, until pumpkin is almost tender.
- Stir in beef and snow peas. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until beef is cooked as desired.
- Serve beef satay with coconut rice. Garnish with coriander, peanuts and lime leaves.