Val and Courtney - Pistachio Kulfi
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 50 mins Serves: 8
Finely chopped roasted pistachios and pomegranate seeds, to garnish
300g fresh berries
Gold leaf, to decorateKulfi
2 litres milk
500ml thickened cream
150g caster sugar
½ tsp ground cardamomCoconut Crisp
50g butter, chopped
70g brown sugar
25g plain flour
25g coconut flour
Shredded coconut, to sprinkle
- To make kulfi, process pistachios to form fine crumbs.
- Place milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until reduced by half. Stir in sugar, cardamom and ground pistachios. Simmer, stirring, for a further 15 minutes.
- Pour into a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Divide among 8 ramekins or dariole moulds. Freeze.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- To make coconut crisps, stir butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan until smooth and combined.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in flours.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture onto prepared tray 5cm apart. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on trays and then break into shards.
- Invert kulfis onto serving plates and garnish with pistachios and pomegranate seeds. Serve with berries and coconut crisp shards. Decorate with gold leaf.