Val and Courtney - Chilli Garlic Prawns
with Minty Paneer Salad
Prep time: 30mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 4
2 jumbo prawns, peeled, deveined
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 pinch of caster sugar
3 tbs ghee
2 curry leaves stalks, leaves picked
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
4 garlic cloves, crushed
Lemon wedges, to serve
1L full-fat milk
2 tbs lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to season
Minty Paneer Salad
1 lemon, juiced
100g baby rocket leaves
1 cup small mint leaves
1 cup cooked peas
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- To make paneer, bring milk to the boil in a large saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Set aside for 10 minutes, then strain into a muslin-lined colander. Squeeze out all whey. Set aside in muslin and colander for 1 hour to finish draining. Crumble into large chunks. Season and refrigerate until required.
- Place prawns in a bowl with chillies and cayenne. Season with sugar and salt. Toss to coat.
- Melt ghee in a frying pan over medium heat. Add curry leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Add mustard seeds and garlic to pan and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until softened and seeds pop. Add prawns and stir-fry until just cooked. Season.
- To make salad, place all ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Season.
- Divide salad among serving plates and top with prawns. Garnish with fried curry leaves and serve with lemon wedges to the side.