Tim and Kyle - Confit Salmon
with Pea Puree
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4
500ml light olive oil
4 x 150g salmon fillets, skin on
Fresh mint leaves, to garnishDressing
200ml sour cream
15 baby capers, rinsed
1 spring onion, chopped
2 tsp lime juice
Salt and pepper, to seasonPea Puree
1/3 cup finely chopped mint
1/3 cup finely chopped basil
1 lime, juiced
60ml sour cream
- To make dressing, blend all ingredients to combine. Season. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 100C.
- Place oil in a baking dish. Place in oven and bring to 55-60C. Place salmon in oil and return to oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove salmon from oil and drain on paper towel. Peel off skin.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat. Add salmon skin and cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cut into pieces and season with salt.
- To make pea purée, cook peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain. Reserve half a cup of peas. Transfer remaining peas to a blender and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Season.
- Divide pea purée among serving plates and top with salmon. Spoon over dressing and garnish with reserved peas, salmon skin pieces and mint to serve.