Mark and Chris - Swordfish
with Black Garlic Polenta and Tequila Caper Sauce
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 45 mins Serves: 4
4 x 200g swordfish steaks
2tbs olive oil
Tequila Caper Sauce
1tbs olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
4tbs baby capers, rinsed
180ml white tequila
300ml creme fraiche
Zest of 1 lime, finely grated
4 medium tomatoes, seeded, diced
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cuo coriander leaves, chopped
2tsp lime juice
Black Pepper Polenta
4 cloves black garlic, thinly sliced
750ml vegetable stock
125ml thickened cream
170g instant polenta
- To make sauce, heat oil and butter in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Cook eschallot and garlic until soft but not coloured. Stir in capers and tequila. Simmer until evaporate d by two thirds. Stir in crème fraiche and zest. Simmer until hot. Season well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season. Refrigerate until required.
- To make polenta, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook garlic for 3 minutes to infuse flavor. Add stock and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Gradually whisk in polenta, then cook, stirring, for 5-8 minutes or until polenta is very soft. Season well.
- Brush fish all over with oil and season.
- Heat a chargrill or frying pan over high heat. Cook fish for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate to rest for 3 minutes.
- Serve swordfish and polenta with salsa and sauce.