Mark and Chris - Ricotta Gnocchi
with Mushroom and Lemon Cream Sauce
Prep time: 45 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 4
100g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper, to season
Oregano and parmesan, to serveRicotta Gnocchi
250g ricotta cheese
90g plain flour, plus extra, to dust
1 egg yolk
75g finely grated parmesan
1/4 tsp saltLemon Cream Sauce
1 shallot, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
300ml thickened cream
1 lemon, zested
1 long red chilli, split
- To make gnocchi, using a knife in a cutting motion, gently combine all ingredients in a large bowl until a soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into 8 portions. Lightly roll out each portion on a lightly floured work surface into 2cm-wide sausages. Cut each into 3cm-long pieces. Set aside until required.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Stir in thyme and season.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened but not coloured. Stir in cream, lemon zest and chilli. Season well. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to 55-65C then strain mixture into a whipping cannister and charge twice, shaking well between charges. Stand the foam gun in a pot of hot water to keep warm.
- Cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes or until they float to the top. Drain.
- Arrange mushrooms and gnocchi in serving bowls. Dispense sauce over the top and garnish with oregano and parmesan to serve.