Mark and Chris - Peanut Butter Parfait
with Salted Caramel Sauce
Prep time: 45 mins (+ freezing) Cook time: 35 mins Serves: 8-10
Crushed toasted peanuts, to servePeanut Butter Parfait
120g crunchy peanut butter
80ml thickened cream
100g caster sugar
2 egg whites
180ml thickened cream, extra
150g golden caster sugar
2 egg yolksChocolate Ganache Mousse
160ml thickened cream
400g dark chocolate, choppedSalted Caramel Sauce
250g caster sugar
125ml thickened cream
1 tsp salt
- To make parfait, stir peanut butter and 80ml of the cream in a bowl until smooth and combined. Set aside.
- Stir caster sugar and the water in a small saucepan until sugar dissolves to form a syrup. Bring to a boil.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. With motor operating, drizzle in hot sugar syrup, beating until mixture is thick and glossy. Add to peanut butter mixture in two batches, folding gently to combine.
- Beat extra thickened cream until soft peaks form. Fold into peanut butter mixture.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whisk golden caster sugar, eggs and yolks in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until light, creamy and tripled in volume. Fold into peanut butter mixture.
- Pour mixture into individual silicone moulds or a large single loaf mould (mixture make approximately 1 litre). Freeze until firm.
- To make chocolate mousse, place chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot. Pour over chocolate. Stand 1 minute. Stir until smooth and combined. Set aside at room temperature until thick.
- To make sauce, melt sugar in a frying pan over medium heat, swirling to help the grains melt and combine, until dark golden brown. Remove from heat and whisk in cream until smooth and dissolved. Whisk in butter and salt.
- Serve parfait with quenelles of chocolate mousse, caramel sauce and crushed nuts.