Kelsey and Amanda - Crispy Skin Snapper
with Potato Mash and Lemon & Chive Sauce
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 1 hour 30 mins Serves: 4
1kg potatoes, unpeeled
100g butter, chopped
350ml milk, warmed
Salt and pepper to season
12 vine tomatoes
3tbs olive oil
300g marinated olived, seeded
4 x 200g snapper fillets, skin on
Lemon slices and dill sprigs, to garnish
Lemon and Chive Sauce
200g salted butter
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbs chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 180C. Using a fork, prick potatoes all over and place on an oven tray. Roast for 1 hour or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop out flesh and pass through a ricer into a bowl. Add butter and milk. Using a wooden spoon, beat until smooth and creamy. Season, then simmer for 1 minute.
- Increase oven to 200C.
- Place tomatoes on an oven tray. Drizzle with half the oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender, charred and slightly split.
- Process olives in a food processor until a coarse purée forms. Set aside until needed.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Whisk in lemon juice and chives, then season.
- Pat fish skin dry and season with salt.
- Preheat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Add fish, skin-side down, to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Divide mash among serving plates, top with fish and olive purée. Spoon over sauce. Add tomatoes to the side, then garnish with lemon and dill to serve.