Kelsey and Amanda - Pavlova Nest
with Whipped Cream and Berries
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 45 mins Serves: 4
300ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
8 strawberries, sliced
Grated chocolate, to decoratePavlova Nests
2 egg whites
110g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Pink food colouring, to tintRaspberry Coulis
300g fresh or frozen raspberries
55g caster sugar
- To make pavlova nests, preheat oven to 130C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, and beat for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is thick and glossy and sugar has dissolved. Beat in vanilla paste and swirl through pink food colouring.
- Spoon meringue onto prepared tray in four mounds.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until crisp. Turn oven off and leave meringues in oven, with door ajar, to cool completely.
- To make raspberry coulis, stir raspberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and berries are soft. Pass through a fine sieve and refrigerate until cold.
- Divide Pavlova nests among serving plates and top with whipped cream, coulis and berries. Decorate with grated chocolate to serve.