Karen and Ros - Dukkah Crusted Lamb
with Flame Grilled Vegies
Prep time: 40 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4
1 medium sweet potato, thinly sliced
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
Olive oil, for brushing
600g lamb backstrap
Baby rocket leaves, to serveBeetroot Tzatziki
1 large cooked beetroot, peeled, coarsely grated
100ml plain Greek yoghurt
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbs finely chopped fresh mint
2 tsp red wine vinegarDukkah
2/3 cup roasted pistachios
1/4 cup black sesame seeds
1/4 cup white sesame seeds
2 tbs coriander seeds
2 tbs cumin seeds
1 tsp flaked sea salt
- To make tzatziki, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season.
- To make dukkah, process all ingredients to form coarse crumbs.
- Brush vegetable slices all over with oil and season.
- Roll lamb in dukkah to coat evenly, pressing down firmly to ensure mixture sticks. Spray all over with cooking oil.
- Preheat a barbecue grill plate to medium. Cook vegetables, turning, until golden brown and tender.
- Preheat a barbecue hotplate to medium. Cook lamb, until browned on both sides and cooked as desired. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thickly.
- Serve lamb and vegetables with tzatziki.