Josh and Amy - Yellowtail Kingfish
with Coriander Nam Jim and Apple Salad
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 2 mins Serves: 4
400g skinless, sashimi-grade Yellowtail kingfish, cut into 5mm slices
50g coriander stems and leaves
40ml lime juice
25g brown sugar
1/2 long red chilli
2tsp fish sauce
2 ice cubes
30ml fish sauce
3tsp brown sugar
20ml fresh lime juice
1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
1/2 cup mint
1/2 cup coriander
1/2 a small fennell, thinly sliced
1 red apple, cut into julienne
- To make nam jim, blend all ingredients except ice until smooth, adding ice half way through. Season.
- To make dressing, place fish sauce and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat, swirling to warm and melt the sugar. Place lime juice in a large bowl and add fish sauce mixture. Refrigerate until cold.
- To make salad, toss all ingredients plus a quarter of the dressing in a large bowl to combine.
- Add fish to remaining dressing in bowl and toss to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Arrange fish on serving plates. Serve with salad and nam jim.