Josh and Amy - Pork Belly Adobo
with Lime & Coriander Rice
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 2 hours 20 mins Serves: 4-6
Pork Belly Adobo
375ml light soy sauce
10 cloves garlic, crushed
110g brown sugar
1 tsp black peppercorns, bruised
1 tbs olive oil
1.5 kg pork belly cut into 5cm pieces
2 large brown onions, finely diced
4 bay leaves
125ml white vinegar
1 litre water
Lime & Coriander Rice
200g jasmine rice
3 tbs salted butter
1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked
Finely grated zest of 1 lime
6 tsp ground cumin
- To make pork belly adobo, combine soy sauce, garlic, sugar and peppercorns in a bowl. Add pork and marinate for 1 hour. Drain pork, reserving marinade.
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Heat oil in a casserole dish over medium heat. Cook pork in batches until browned all over. Add onions to same dish and cook until light brown. Return pork and marinade to dish. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to the oven and cook, covered, for about 2 hours or until pork is tender. Drain pork and place dish with sauce over a medium heat. Simmer until thickened.
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender. Drain. Return to pan and stir through remaining ingredients.
- Serve pork belly and rice with sauce.