Josh and Amy - Grilled Salmon
with Couscous and Coriander Lemon Sauce
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 25 mins Serves: 4
4 x 200g salmon cutlets
Lemon slices, to garnishFish Marinade
4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
2 oranges, thinly sliced
1 bunch dill
1 long red chilli, thinly slicedCoriander Lemon Sauce
Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
80ml olive oil
1/2 bunch coriander, leaves choppedCouscous
250ml orange juice
50g dried cranberries
250ml chicken stock
2 tbs olive oil
25g pumpkin seeds, toasted, finely chopped
25g sunflower seeds, toasted, finely chopped
4 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
1/2 bunch coriander, leaves coarsely chopped
2 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
1cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
Juice of ½ lime
- To marinate fish, arrange half the ingredients in a thin layer over base of a dish, just big enough to fit fish cutlets in a single layer.
- Top with fish and then remaining marinade ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- To make sauce, process all ingredients until smooth. Season.
- To prepare couscous, place orange juice and cranberries in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer. Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool completely. Drain.
- Bring stock to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in butter and oil. Remove from heat. Stir in couscous. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff and separate grains with a fork.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir through remaining ingredients. Season.
- Remove fish from marinade and season all over.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for about a further 2 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Serve fish and couscous with sauce. Garnish with lemon slices.