Josh and Amy - Beer Battered Barramundi
with Shoestring Fries and Tartare Sauce
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 40 mins Serves: 4
Vegetable oil, for deep frying
4 x 200g barramundi fillets
Lemon wedges, to serve
Dill, to garnish
2 egg yolks
2tbs lemon juice
2tsp Dijon mustard
250ml light olive oil
2tbs flat parsley, finely chopped
1tbs cornichons, finely chopped
2tsp baby capers, finely chopped
150g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
250ml chilled pale ale beer
- To make tartare sauce, process yolks, juice and mustard until smooth. With motor operating, drizzle in oil until mixture is thick. Stir in remaining ingredients. Season.
- Line a tray with absorbent paper.
- To make fries, cut potatoes into thick matchsticks and spread out on prepared tray. Pat dry with absorbent paper.
- Deep fry in small batches until golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Season with salt.
- To make batter, sift flour, salt and pepper into a bowl. Whisk in beer to form a smooth batter.
- Working in batches, dip fish into batter and deep fry until golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and season with salt.
- Serve fish and fries with sauce and lemon wedges. Garnish with dill.