Della and Tully - Potato Pancake
with Salmon and Creme Fraiche
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 4
4 quails eggs
4 x 150g salmon fillets
lemon cheeks, to serve
watercress and dill sprigs, to garnishCreme Fraiche Sauce
250g crème fraîche
3 tbs finely chopped dill
3 tbs finely chopped parsley
3 tbs finely chopped baby capers
2 tsp lemon juicePotato Pancakes
300g plain flour, sifted
3 tsp salt
500g Sebago potatoes, peeled, grated
1 bunch of chives, finely chopped
4 tsp olive oil
- To make crème fraîche sauce, stir all ingredients in a bowl to combine. Season.
- Cook quails eggs in a saucepan of gently boiling water for 2 ½ minutes. Remove and place in a bowl of iced water to cool. Peel. Cut in half to serve.
- Preheat oven to 100C.
- To make pancakes, place flour and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in combined buttermilk and egg. Stir in potato and chives. Season.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add a quarter of the pancake batter. Cook until golden brown and potato is tender. Turn and cook until golden brown and crisp. Repeat to make four pancakes. Transfer to the oven to keep warm.
- Season salmon all over and add to same pan, skin-side, down. Cook until skin is crisp. Turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Top pancakes with salmon and eggs. Serve with crème fraîche sauce and lemon cheeks. Garnish with watercress and dill.