Della and Tully - Charred Quail
with Couscous, Pomegranate, Feta and Mint
Prep time: 30 mins (+ marinating) Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4
4 quail, butterflied
4tbs pomegranate molasses
4 cloves garlic
250ml chicken stock
2-3 tbs caster sugar
300ml vegetable stock
100ml orange juice
2tsp orange zest, finely grated
2tbs olive oil
100g feta, crumbled
1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves
1/2 cup min leave
Soods of 1 pomegranate
- Place quail in a dish. Add pomegranate molasses and garlic and massage into quail. Season. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to prepare couscous, bring stock, juice and zest to a boil in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in couscous.
- tand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff and separate grains with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir through remaining ingredients. Season well.
- Remove quail from dish, scraping away excess pomegranate molasses and garlic back into dish.
- Heat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue over medium heat. Cook quail for about 3 minutes on each side or until almost cooked through. Season. Transfer to a warm plate to rest for 5 minutes.
- Scrape all pomegranate molasses and garlic that quail was marinated in, into a saucepan. Add stock and sugar. Season. Bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened to form a glaze.
- Drizzle quail with glaze. Serve with couscous.