Della and Tully - Barbecued Prawns
with Kale and Avocado Mousse
Prep time: 30 mins (+ 30 mins marinating) Cook time: 10 mins Serves: 4
16 large prawns, butterflied, deveined
8 kale leaves, stems removed
1 lemon, zested, juiced
Lemon wedges and sliced red chilli, to serveMarinade
1 garlic bulb, cloves peeled
4 long red chillies, chopped
250ml extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves choppedAvocado Mousse
2 large firm ripe avocados
1/2 lemon, juiced
- To make marinade, process garlic and chilli in a food processor until finely chopped. Add oil and process to combine. Season. Remove and set aside half the mixture. Add parsley to remaining mixture and process to combine.
- Place prawns in a large bowl and add marinade. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make avocado mousse, blend avocado until smooth. Add buttermilk and lemon juice. Blend to combine. Season and refrigerate until required.
- Place kale in a bowl with reserved garlic and chilli mixture. Toss to coat.
- Cook kale and prawns on a preheated barbecue grill plate, turning once, until kale is lightly charred and prawns are just cooked. Drizzle prawns with lemon zest and juice.
- Divide kale leaves among serving plates and top with prawns and chilli. Serve with avocado mousse and lemon wedges to the side.