David and Betty - Salmon Poke
on Rice Paper Crisp
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 5 mins Serves: 4
500g sashimi-grade salmon, cut into 1cm cubes
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 firm ripe avocado, flesh scooped, cut into 1cm cubes
Peanut oil, to deep-fry
12 small rice paper roundsDressing
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 tsp chilli flakesSriracha Mayonnaise
2 egg yolks
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
250ml macadamia oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
3 tbs sriracha chilli sauce
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together to combine.
- To make mayonnaise, process egg yolks, lemon juice and vinegar in a food processor until well combined. With the motor running, gradually add oil, drop by drop at first, then in a thin, steady stream until thick and emulsified. Stir in mustard and chilli sauce. Season and refrigerate until needed.
- Place salmon, onion and avocado in a bowl. Pour over dressing and toss to combine. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan one-third full with peanut oil and heat over medium heat to 180C (or until a cube of bread turns golden in 10 seconds). Working with one rice paper round at a time, carefully slide into oil and deep-fry for 30 seconds or until puffed and expanded. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining rice paper rounds.
- Place crisps on serving plates and top with salmon mixture. Dollop a little mayo on top to serve.